Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 9 - Santa Marta & Taganga

Today was mostly a travel day that started out very interesting! My bus was supposed to arrive between 7am and 8am heading to Santa Marta. Well about 8:30am, I guess the transportation company decided to call my hostal to tell them that the bus broke down and I would be on the 9am shuttle. Boo @ them for throwing my day off AND deciding to tell me late. She looks sooo lonely, but she's packed even better than before!


The interesting  part of the morning are the mucho sexual/horny dirty old men. 

I was sitting on the stoop of my hostel waiting on the bus that never came and this Taxi person decided to come and sit down. I explained in Spanish that I spoke very little Spanish. We chatted to the best of our ability and he kept jestering this hand motion thing and I couldn't quite get it. Soo he wrote it down and I used my handy Spanish-English dictionary and this clown done asked me to be his girlfriend.. UHM, how about I'm thinking its too early for this and I was glad when someone interrupted and asked him to take them somewhere. Then another dirty old man had the audacity to be vulgar. I wish I could have cussed him out in Spanish. Maybe I should have said de done eres esposa (where is your wife?).

So anywho, met a wonderful person from Northern Ireland, Susan, and we found out we were doing the same thing and staying at the same hostel! So we'll be trekking together from Tuesday - Saturday. So loved ones nooo worrying! We will be vigilant and entertaining together. She was silly enough to join me for a photo and engage my touristy-ness!




When we finally arrived in Santa Marta, but with a few complications..


and I adore the hostel we are staying in. The Dreamer Hostel. The rooms are cute and the staff is heavenly! 



We needed to take care of getting our trek payed for and we ventured out. Well the way we were greated to Santa Marta was some young whipper-snappa talking about F You [something, something]. How rude, no? Well we ended up hopping on a bus to Taganga (home of scuba diving and a gateway to some nice beaches). These buses are TINY! I know my knee was in someone's kidney to and fro'.




















and we stopped along the way for a delicious baguette from Los Baguettes de Maria. They were HUGE and tasty! I had the Bahia Concha!



Dinner was more exciting. Susan and I walked up and down the ideas of a "Super" Exito. It was amazing and I forgot what we had come for. We planned on cooking dinner @ the hostel and that we did. We bought some mexican rice, peppers, and zuccini, and *drum rolls* chicken hot dogs. But these seemed to be of a different kind. I can't quite place it, so I'll just post pics. 
 


End of story, the meal was good and filling.


I type all this to say I will not have access to email or the world for the next 5 days starting tomorrow, but I plan to take great notes to upload my whole adventure by Sunday! If you want more info on the Ciudad Perdida trek, click on the link!

XOXOXOXOXO

Oh sidebar: Can you believe these chips haven't made it yet:

No comments:

Post a Comment