Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 15 - Santa Marta (No will NOT mean No..)

So I figured the evening was worth commenting on, so I'll throw it in here.. We finally make it back to Santa Marta (Sarah, myself, and two others who were on the trek) and plan on staying at the Dreamer Hostel. We left our bags here and soo they knew we were coming back AND we made reservations for a particular room.

Well low and behold, these sonofas decided to tell us our room with AirCon (air conditioning) was not open and they would be happy to put us in another room that costs more and does not have AirCon. What kind of foolishness is that?! They proceeded to tell us that this room has a bathroom in it, so whoopie. Not so much! Sarah did me proud and told them in her sweet Northern Ireland accent this was unacceptable. After some we were able to get the room with the fan for the same price as the room with AirCon and we would be moved on the next day! Why folks tryna get over like this? Doesn't matter where you are, lol.

To celebrate our big accomplishment we decided to head to the infamous Exito for a dinner of crackers, picante flavored Doritos, and lime flavored potato chips, with sides of vodka cocktails and caprianahas! Let's say it was a long night but I did not feel the blisters that had overtaken my feet! Off to bed! The really cool thing I purchased was no refrigeration necessary milk! It comes in a juice box/3-pack.



It's not half bad, lol. I must admit I can't wait to get a hold of some "real milk (skim)" and some thick yogurt!

The Real Day 15 - So I like to call this day my be a bum and catch up on life day. I did nothing much this day but lounge around, update my blogs from the trip, and look further into deciding if I want to get scuba diving certified. I actually met someone who would be starting at the same time and he helped me to get started today! We watched 4 hours of boring but necessary videos. Up until this time, I still didn't know if I was going to do it, butttt I figured I would at least go to the site on Monday and decide from there.

In the interim, the girls decided that they would cook tonight and me and Sarah would cook tomorrow. Boy we had a fancy meal. Red wine, pasta with shrimp, and creamy like dessert. *singing we fancy huh (at the hostel)*





However, I can't believe that cheese is like 14,000 pesos. That's equivalent to one night's stay in a hostel. Dayum imports!

No comments:

Post a Comment