Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 16 - Taganga/Santa Marta (I'm not a guppy)

Today is the big day and I decide if I am going to go and get certified. I've already invested 4 hours and it was not originally in my budget, but when else will I have time and it just sounds cool to say I dived in South America, no, yes, maybe? Iono, blame it on my summer of firsts - learning Spanish, traveling Colombia, 5-day treks, boxed milk, etc. So I arrive no decision made just yet, but I am taking pictures, lol!


The open water diver sacred book, lol.

















Felipe - the instructor that's been diving for like 11 years maybe? He's introducing us to all the equipment.

Sooo me trying on the wetsuit! 


Please disregard my head.. We are loading up for Day 1. By this time, I guess I've committed. After all I'm not a guppy, I am a flounder (waiting to be released).

 

Felipe and Brad, one of my diver in training buddies from New Zealand (left). Me and John, my other buddy from California (right). We used his camera for the majority of the pics!
 

I am not really ready, but no time like now!



One of our skill exercises.. I believe this was cleaning your mask underwater by breathing in deeply and then out hard through your nose while tilting your head back, lol.















After a LONG day, we are all finish and it's kinda interesting, lol.


Sooo since the girls cooked last night, tonight was our night but since my training ran super over, Sarah cooked! Fajitas and dessert.. Yummy!! I did the dishes to make amends for a later no-help dinner, lol.

Well I have more studying to do since I am testing tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment