Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 7 - Cartagena (This is how the locals do it!)


I've decide to make Day 7 a two part post. Since the day trip was not in Cartagena, I wanted to keep it separate for simplicity. Tonight is the big local club night out back in Cartagena, lol. After a fierce nap to ensure my awakeness, the crew (Diego, Melissa from the beach, and I) headed out to Verde Luna (Green Moon). This is like the POB, Taboo of sorts, etc kinda place. The locals have a good time, good music, and you are not required to wear dayum heals. I must admit - I need to go purchase a hula hoop in hopes of being able to ever gyrate like Colombians or Caribbean people do. *inserts aww struck face here*

You know, I'll leave this note at folks sure are funny! We had negotiated a rate with a cab driver who after determining that we were going further than he had gas for. Soo what did he do... STOP!

















After we got there, he tried to upcharge us! WTH. However, the crew stood firm and said a deal is a deal.. go team!

The cool thing about some places in Cartagena they take your cover charge and convert it into a drink ticket of sorts. They also let you pool them together to purchase a bottle. We got a bottle of Colombia Liquor and I took a shot.. Guys I almost died. It was licorice flavored.. but a few hours later it was all gone. In short a good night out!



 







No comments:

Post a Comment