Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 14 - Lost City Trek (Day 5)

I get lost with start times, but it was early because we had to cover days 1 and 2 today which equals about 7 hours of walking. Let's say this.. I had to get head starts with one other trekker so we could walk at our own pace. It was exhausting and I kept looking to the sky to see if my telepathic powers worked to summon me a helicopter. We made it through the first 4 hours pretty good. The hardest part was in those first 4 because we had to walk uphill for about 1.5 hours in the clay/wet/mud and then walk down a steep decline in the sand, rocks, etc. Butt one last view!



I'm starting to feel those hot spots people refer to as blisters and I cannot wait to get back. When we reached base camp 2 we had the most delicious and ICE COLD passion fruit juice and frozen watermelon. Guys, I cannot wait to get an ice cold drink when I get back to the states. 

We arrive! Yippee!

 

We are are served either fried chicken or chicken with sauce! Beer has never tasted soo good because usually its pretty cold down here if nothing else.


Well the trek is over and my shoes are hitting the trash! I have four blisters, 2 on the outside of my big toes and 2 on my heels. They hurt like hell and my knee is crying on the inside and outside, BUT I feel soo accomp


A wonderful shot of everyone's swollen skeeter and bug bitten legs and ankles!


It was 5 intense days and I did it and its empowering of sorts. I know my pictures and details do not necessarily do this trek justice, but it hopefully at least touches the iceberg. At the end of the day, I am not sure if its really about the Lost City, but moreso about the journey of getting there. I guess this is what life is about, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment