Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 7 - Rosario Islands & Playa Blanca (No means no!)


Today is the trek to Rosario Islands and Playa Blanca. This is more of a picturesque day, so I am striving for more pics, less text, but a few things that had to be said!

Before we got started good.. a greasy mess!














A little over halfway into our trip, we thought we were gonna be blown over.. look at the darkness.



The trip is supposed to take you to two islands, of which I thought were both beaches. One of the islands is a darn aquarium with the "sea" adjacent to you. You had your choice of going to the aquarium or dipping in the "sea" aka backyard plastic pool thingy you used to play with as a youth. 
 

He sells the fresh crab and A cracker.




Now mind you, by the time we arrived at this island, we had left 1 hour late and it took us over 2 hours to sail to this said Rosario Islands. The ride over is beautiful, but it's about 101 degrees and I felt like I am going to die. 

They didn't even have snacks (well not free ones). I am glad I brought my own - that's something I don't really leave home without. We finish at the aquarium and they tell us that lunch is another hour from here. People it's after 1pm and we talking about an even later lunch? People looked very disgruntled and I don't even speak the language, lol. The power of body language, si? But she was sure a beauty - Playa Blanca!


Now in order to get to and leave this beautiful place, we were on-off loaded and herded like some cattle.. I had a history flashback and wondered....










When we arrive, all eyes on me! I had a whole fish today literally saying please don't eat me. However, at this point, no was not an answer. The banana thing here was not that great, but it could be because it was kinda cold. However, I made a happy plate of sorts cause I was famished!














I met some wonderful people that I feel I should share. Senora Lilly at Rosario Islands was so genuinely nice and helped me work on some Spanish vocabulary. I know that gaffes means sunglasses and gorro means hat! Yaay.. two more words on the list. 


















Melissa, my boat buddy from Australia was fabulous. We spent the day (and ultimately the evening) exploring the beaches. 














But my absolute favorite is to the beach vendor who stood his ground. Iono what he was saying but the first time I wanted something and the price was too high and Melissa started helping me to "negotiate" he said he had enough. He packed up his stuff and left! That is a bidness man! I am inspired. However, I did end up getting the darn beach wrap, lol.

Just me .. being silly
 

And that was Rosario Islands & Playa Blanca!


No comments:

Post a Comment