Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 17 - Taganga/Santa Marta (Little Mermaid?)

The day started super early, since we had a late start on yesterday. We were picked up at 7:30am and arrived at the school (Octopus) at 8:00am. We started the day with chapter reviews from yesterday and for today to ensure we were ready to go in the water. I must admit, I was not sure what to make of the day's skill tests, lol. Some of the fabulous inclusion were "turn your tank off to see what it feels like with no air," "remove your regulator to ensure you can recover it and stay calm to resume breathing," and "sing ahh to the top should you run out of air on the bottom." The remainder of the day is scheduled to be a fun day!












Well after a day's activities, I feel closer to mermaid status. It's amazing to have the opportunity to discover all that's beneath you and to not even really know it's there. I trust the regulator and my instructor, Felipe, is magnificent. He's patient and all of the above.

Soo since I'm on an expedited time table, I had to stay late to finish my quizzes and final exam, and guess what?! I passed all the theory. All I have to do is complete my last two dives tomorrow and I am set and certified.

When I got back to Santa Marta, I decided to take it easy and figure out where I was staying in Cartagena in preparation for my flight back. In the process, Sarah mentioned she met some people who were talking about venturing into town for dinner. Can you say adventure, lol. We had two cabs, who did not know where they were going. One more wreckless than the other. All this to find out our intended restaurant is closed on this here day. Go figure! Soo anywho, this unknown man tells the people I am with (we are 6 in total) to come follow him to this restaurant. My motherly instinct is like uhm, I am not following no stranger anywhere and then when we hit the corner, down some strange street! This is how folks get abducted. Well I went against my good judgement and followed along but very cautiously. We arrived at this restaurant called Cafe Del Mar. It was new and they were trying to get business, especially from "tourists." So they treated us extra special, we got a free appetizer, cocktail, and got to sample some of their desserts. Overall, it was a nice time out, until... I got hit in the thigh with a darn mango, lol! So the restaurant is below some mango trees and of course, I would be sitting up under the net and bloop! They gave it to me out of courtesy.




This was the best! It was like a frozen ice cream treat! 

Now, I am pooped and have another early day with a mad dash to collect my belongings to catch the bus back to Cartagena to fly out to Medellin on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment