Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 37 - Salento (I'ma kid again!)

I can't believe I am actually considering leaving tomorrow. This place is the fantabulous. I must admit, it is the first time in a long time I have slept longer than 6hours. It's a place where it is easy to do nothing and not feel guilty. I am not saying I SHOULD, but I do, because there is so much going on around me all other times. I am guilty of not wanting to feel like I am missing out on an opportunity to hang out with those I care about. Butt I loved this place soo much, my stay has been over a week AND my travels are closing in and I MUST, lol, MUST, see the other places on my list and head back to Medellin for my flight.

Soo I am sitting in La Serrana and I am like, today is the day for the stairs. Around the same time another backpacker arrived from an overnight bus ride from Bogota. Me being me, I told her she should come with.. She proceeded to tell me how she hasn't done this or that and I politely told her that you can rest at night, but during the day, you must goooooo! Today's adventure are the 200 stairs going up that lend itself to crisp views of Salento.
We walked and walked and took a break walked andddd *drumrolls* beers, soft drinks AND swings and monkey bars await us. I am soo excited can you say weeeeeee!




I saw this really cool tree. For the life of me, I can't figure out what it is. It's like a cross between a pine tree and a christmas tree, those are different, no? 
I had intentions of cooking, but it is my last day.. I had to have one last hoorah at Lucy's. And let me say how glad I was..they served this juice that was fabulous. I hate I can't remember the name of it. It was berry something.. maybe mora?! Did I mention that Colombia is NOT the place to watch your figure? They serve a plate of starches everyday. This is the second banana I have had with THIS meal!
They also served a different soup, it was arroz con pollo, plaintain, and something else. 
I found a wishbone in it to.. And like the cliche, I made a wish.. for world peace!
Me being the talkative person I am, started talking to someone in the restaurant only to learn she is from and lives in North Carolina. We can consider that Southern representation, no? What was most interesting about this addition of this Southern person, was a full conversation we had about how we haven't seen a lot of Americans, let alone African-Americans. It was a storybook tale of how different communities, not just white and black, have different exposures which has a direct effect on the kinds of activities each person involves themselves in. I think I would welcome the idea of exposing people, especially us, to things outside of our comfort zone. We could add EVEN more to the world.. just random thinking, but I am sure to come back to it.

You know I am a sucker for randomness.. I had these donuts filled with this caramelly stuff. I was going to get some later, but then he told me the store is in Armenia, an hour from Salento. Booo!
And of course, more food! Soo a ton of people signed up for Curry Chicken with a banging salad! And it was all of the above. 
 
What a fabulous way to end my potential last night... I need to make a decision ASAP. I'll just sleep on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment