Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 33 - Salento (Teats and Fried Chicken)

As promised, I upheld my end of the deal and promise to myself that I would attempt to milk the cows. Theo and I are tiptoeing along the fence to the barnyard promptly at 4:45am. Horatio gives us a demonstration and sets us loose.. 


  

Look at those teats! 

Well after seeing the sunrise, an hour passing, and the calves getting upset with us because we are taking too long, we only managed to milk less than ½ bucket of milk. Well we had a bit more than what this picture shows.
I must admit, this is soo not my thing, lol. Horatio comes and finishes the cow off in about 3 minutes. Aye-yi-yi! 

I have committed to another day of doing nothing, so I opt for a little Spanish and cook some lunch with limited ingredients. I think I am getting the hang of this!
Shortly thereafter, I sang its  soo hard to say goodbye! All of my Cali crew is now off headed in separate directions. It’s been a ton of fun and very much appreciate the laughs I have had over the last week and some change!!




But the absolute highlight is the possibility of having some “South in Your Mouth”. So there are dinners at La Serrana throughout the week if enough people sign up. Soo tonight is a tribute to Soul Food.. fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, and fried zucchini/squash.  Dave and Sol and the staff getting the food ready!




Sizzle, sizzle...
It was delicioussssssssssss!
 



Sol serving the masses!
I had way more than I should, but who cares! I’ll go walk tomorrow or something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment